Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Last Few Days

Yesterday was a fairly simple day, one of my favorite kinds that can only exist during summer, winter, or spring breaks from school.  I got up around 8 and took a 2 mile walk - having run my long run (4 miles at this point in the training) on Sunday I wasn't supposed to run but instead "stretch and strengthen."  I was fairly lazy most of the day, just laying around and reading vast amounts of the 7th Harry Potter book.  I decided to go to ballet because it is, after all, stretching and strengthening, and then Mat came over for dinner and we read a little more (I finished the book) and watched an episode of Battlestar Galactica.  Yes, he's gotten me into it.  *sigh*

Today was a 3 mile run and it felt pretty awful.  I felt sluggish and stiff and like I couldn't get my legs off the ground. However, I stuck with it and did not walk.  I did not stop.  I ran, however slowly, the entire 3 miles despite feeling like crap.

I will never figure out how a 3 mile run was more tiring and painful than the 4 mile run of two days prior.

Then, around 10:30 this morning, Mat and I left for the beach.  It was a great day for it, and the water wasn't too all that cold.  Like for our engagement photos on Friday night, we went to Corona del Mar.  I absolutely love that beach - it's small, not too big of waves, gorgeous houses, and it's where we always went when I was a kid.  Then we came home and I was absolutely pooped.

And speaking of engagement photos at Corona del Mar, here are the 9 sneak peek photos that were posted to Facebook on Sunday:









No comments:

Post a Comment