Sunday, October 10, 2010

Six weeks in and I'm dead

We have reached the end of the first six week grading period.  The stress and tiredness of those six weeks has finally caught up to me.  This weekend I was very, very tired.  I managed to not do anything productive on Friday night or all day Saturday, but then I paid for it today by doing work all day starting right when I got home from church.

That was at about 11 am.

The worst part of all this isn't even work.  It's my online class.  It's the last one, so naturally it has to be the grossest.  It all got worse when the professor told me my literature review needed to be double the length that it was.  That threw a wrench into my entire plan to get more ahead on the class's assignments today in addition to taking care of a bunch of other stuff that needed to be taken care of.

I do not want to use this blog as a means of venting and being negative, but please, indulge me this one time.

I FEEL LIKE MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE WITH ALL THE THINGS I HAVE TO REMEMBER AND DO, AND SOMETIMES I WONDER HOW I AM GOING TO GET THROUGH THE NEXT 8 MONTHS OF MY LIFE.

My birthday is on Thursday.  I'll be 25.  This is a big birthday, and yet I can't even think about it.  It sucks.  Horribly. This happened last year too.  I honestly keep forgetting that my birthday is in a mere 4 days.  I sincerely worry that it will be Wednesday night and I'll still forget that my birthday is the very next day.

There are just too many things to remember to do.  I don't know how I've done it the past 2 months, and I'm not sure how I'm going to keep doing it.  What keeps me going is knowing that next year will not be this bad, that I'm halfway done with the hardest part of the school year (September-October: no days off until Veteran's Day on Nov 11), that I might actually get to do BTSA Early Completion and therefore not have BTSA next year and have my clear credential at the end of this year, and that next year, while I enjoy the luxury of not dying, I can hopefully plan a wedding!?!?!

I need to go watch Friends.  My brain needs to forget about all things important and productive for at least one little hour tonight.

By the way, the show about hoarders on TLC is fascinating.  And "Sister Wives."  Very bizarre...

1 comment:

  1. What helped me get through all the craziness was to remember that I didn't have to be perfect. Pick a few things that have to be absolutely outstanding, and all the rest just do what you can! You are such a hard worker and overachiever, that what you think is crap will be WAAAAAYYYY better than what anyone else is doing! And then you will be able to enjoy your birthday (Happy Birthday!) and will be able to actually relax a little here and there. You can do it! I know you can! =)

    ReplyDelete