Monday, June 6, 2011

10 days

10 work days.  9 school days.

It's really almost over.  Tomorrow and Wednesday I'll be at the district office working on pacing guides for Algebra 2, and then it will be Thursday.  Wednesday night I'm seeing Bridesmaids with Steph (and eating some awesome snackage that will be snuck in) and Thursday night I'm taking Amanda out to dinner to celebrate the end of finals.

I decided to chaperone grad nite at Disneyland.  At first I didn't want to, but then I figured, why not?  When else will I be able (and willing) to do something crazy like stay up all night at Disneyland with teenagers?  The tough part will be getting back to school around 6 am and then having to give my last two finals on Friday.  But, going to grad nite means we don't have to work graduation so I plan to go home and collapse.  I actually think it will be kind of fun in a weird, twisted way.  We also get fed for free, so I can't complain about that.

The next couple of weeks will not allow for much time to myself or time with Mat, so I'll just have to keep my sights set on Monday the 20th after our duty day is over.  That day won't be a big deal because it's a faculty breakfast, finish prepping my room for summer, etc.  No kids.  :)

Exactly 2 weeks from right now I will be celebrating a successful official first year of teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment