Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Apparently on Hiatus?

Moving has definitely impacted my writing here.  There were several factors: being incredibly busy (obviously) and then not having internet access for about 2 weeks.  That put me out of the habit, so even though internet has been up and running for about a week now, I sort of forgot.  I know, I know, shame on me.

Current news: this week is finals week.  It's AWESOME.

I did both federal and state tax returns tonight.  So did Mat.  We're going to get nearly $6000 back between the two of us.  This is going to help us ENORMOUSLY.  God is good!!!

I seem to have developed IT Band Syndrome from running.  Today was my third day off.  Tomorrow I'm planning for 3.5 miles.  I'll probably rest for a couple more days, then try 5-6 on Saturday, then do a bit next week.  The Surf City Half Marathon is coming up and I really want to be able to run the whole thing without pain.  So, as much as I hate taking time off, I know that if I don't I'll make my knee worse and that would be very bad.  Thankfully taking time off shouldn't seriously affect my stamina for 13 miles.

Wedding plans are coming along: alterations appointment for my bridesmaid dress for Mindy's wedding, my own wedding dress, and my sister's maid of honor dress on March 10th, appointment with the florist this Sunday, and 2 back to back cake tasting appointments on February 25th.  We met with our pastor about a week and a half ago and have another meeting with him February 18th.  It's super busy but amazing at the same time!

Time to think about bed now.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment