Monday, January 30, 2012

2nd Semester

Tomorrow is officially the first day of 2nd semester.  Today was a student-free day, so despite having to sit for a very long time during meetings, it was a much less tiring day than usual.

I'm excited to start the 2nd semester.  It always seems to go a lot faster than the 1st because there are more little holidays plus all the testing that breaks up the weeks.

My Saturdays in February are already booked, starting with the Surf City Half Marathon this weekend.  I think my knee is going to be ok for it.  I ran 10 miles on Saturday and it only started hurting at the end, and I've continued my strengthen/stretch routine.  This morning's 5 mile run was good too.  Tomorrow will be a walk or two, then Wednesday and Thursday will be either both 3.5 milers or a 3.5 and a 5 depending on how I feel.  It might be wiser to do both 3.5, just so I don't aggravate my knee again.  You're supposed to taper down for a race, but since I've already done this distance a couple times and have in fact exceeded it once, and since it's not my first race, I'm not as worried about it. I have no doubt I can complete it with no issue as long as my knee doesn't act up.

Once this race is over it's time to really buckle down on the marathon training!  That one is just under 2 months before my wedding, so hopefully it will put me into amazing shape and then I'll be able to keep it up!  Hmm, probably shouldn't alter my dress too much before then.  At first I was thinking I could because I really shouldn't shrink anymore, but then again who knows what full marathon training + the last few months of wedding planning will do to my body.

Oh yes, initial meeting with the florist is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment