Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Too Much Stuff!

I have way too much stuff.  I also have been accumulating way too much stuff.  The kind of stuff that one does not accumulate until one moves out on one's own: sheets, towels, salad spinner, tea kettle, iron, KitchenAid mixer, etc etc etc.

I loaded up my car this afternoon with all of the boxes from Christmas as well as any other accumulated things.  I have a few more bags to put in tomorrow morning.  (I didn't do it this afternoon because there were a few things I didn't want sitting in the sun all afternoon, and then tonight I forgot).

Tomorrow morning after my run and a trip to the dentist we're going to officially sign our lease and get our keys!  All we're moving in is the stuff from my car that we don't use yet.  Then bright and early Thursday morning Mat and his dad will take the mattress, TV, blu-ray player, and anything else that can fit in his dad's truck.  Mat will then come back with his dad and we'll load up another of our cars with more stuff like clothes and necessities.  Amanda wants to see it so she's going to load her car too.  Then, it's off to run tons of errands and come back home for a probable pizza or similar type of food dinner with Mat's Uncle Rick who will be in town for his sister's wedding this weekend.

Friday is me taking a few more things to the apartment and then working in my new classroom for a few hours.  Amanda helped me set it up yesterday but I need to do a little more to be ready for Monday.  Friday evening begins Nicole's wedding things.  Saturday morning is a 14.5 mile run, part of which is along Newport's Back Bay.  :)

Now that we're at 5 months and change until our wedding, and I'm moving, I'm starting to feel the pressure.  But it's good pressure - pressure I think I've been wanting to feel because up until now, while I've definitely been DOING things for our wedding and otherwise, I haven't felt like I've really been moving forward.  Moving is a definite step in the moving forward.  :-D

Things are starting to happen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment