Friday, September 10, 2010

Busy busy

You know your life has gotten rather chaotic when you discover it's been 9 days since you've written anything about that life.  Yes, 9 days.  What's especially amusing about this is that it doesn't feel like 9 days.  It feels like about 2.

Having a 4 day work week was quite nice.  The not so nice part is that now we have many, many normal 5 day weeks ahead of us.

I am still faced with the challenge to make my classes and lessons more interesting.  I wish I could have the kids work together more often, but it's not at all easy.  Kids are resistant to it, which means they should be doing it all the time.  But, the class periods go by so fast that it's hard to even consider doing this.  I feel like I would waste time while trying to wait for them to get used to working together.  Needless to say, I haven't figured this out yet at ALL.

In other news, last Saturday I finally told Lois that I couldn't do Nutcracker.  The auditions are tomorrow, and I won't be there.  Oddly enough, I'm totally fine with it. I'm actually quite glad because even though I still have rehearsal, it isn't until 2 which means I have time to do online homework as well as grade quizzes.  Rehearsal goes until 4 which isn't so nice, but I'll get over it.

One more week.  Then the show is over.  And I can cross that off my list and focus on other things.

Oh, how I love weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment