Monday, July 12, 2010

The Surprise

Naturally, immediately after creating this blog and vowing to keep it updated, I slacked.  However, I had good reasons to slack.  Last week was quite busy what with figuring out my job situation for next school year and all.  It ended up working out very nicely, but not without stress.  To spare you the details, I will be working in Santa Ana Unified...on a PERMANENT CONTRACT!  This is virtually unheard of nowadays, to get a permanent contract when you're a new teacher and new to the district.  Obviously, I'm pretty happy.  I'm nervous about it, of course, but that's to be expected.  I now am trying to get all my transcripts and things together so I can do all the paperwork.  I have to be fingerprinted for the 4th time tomorrow and will receive my new hire packet.  Once the fingerprints clear and I have my transcripts, I will be able to go back and actually sign the contract.  Hopefully it is all signed, sealed, and delivered by the end of next week!

Once the job stress ended on Friday afternoon, there was still the surprise party stress.  Let me tell you, I don't think I will be able to throw a surprise party again for a long time.  The party planning was easy.  It was the lies that were horrible.  I had to really think to keep track of which lies I had told and when and etc etc etc.  It just goes to show: honesty really is the best policy.  Let that be a lesson...don't ever lie!

Oh, the surprise party was for Mat.  He's turning 25.

He TOTALLY did not expect it.  There are some pretty priceless pictures as well as a video of him walking in.  It was quite a shindig, in the low key way.  We did have Thomas the Tank Engine plates, tablecloth, etc and a cake with a skateboarding kid and a party hat shaped pinata and trick candles.  Yes, he's turning 25.  Not 5.  I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment