Sunday, July 17, 2011

Half Marathon?

This past Thursday, the 14th, was the first day I ran 2.5 miles.  I ran that distance again on Friday, took Saturday off (from running anyway, I still walked a lot down in Newport) and then ran 2.5 again this morning.  I'm hoping to get to 3 miles sometime this week.

I'm also debating running the Long Beach International half marathon in October.  A friend saw my Facebook post about having run 2.5 on Thursday and mentioned that according to her training schedule for a half, that day was supposed to be a 2.5 mile run.  Even though the entrance fee is $80, I'm very intrigued.  It would be such an accomplishment, and definitely not something I ever thought I'd do.

I'm seriously considering just signing up and paying for it because that will certainly get me committed!  It's on October 9th, which is 5 days before my birthday.  It would be quite a nice birthday present to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment