Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hitting a Wall

Yesterday I totally hit a wall.  It was actually a pretty easy day because we were giving a benchmark test at work, so I basically sat all day and was able to get caught up/ahead on my own work and planning.  However, I was already quite tired so the sitting made me even more tired.

I think I overdid it on the running this last week and a half or so.  Today was a day of much needed rest.  I've also been trying to get back on track with my healthy eating habits.  I haven't been eating horribly or anything, but I think the move has just thrown me off as far as dinner portions are concerned.  I'm really trying to be more conscious of it so I don't have to freak out near our wedding.

This Saturday's long run is only going to be 8 miles.  Doing 13 miles and then 15 miles 6 days later was a somewhat stupid idea.  Besides, you're supposed to step back every other week once your long runs hit 12-13 miles.  So this week will be 8 and then the following week will hopefully be 16 (that's the day we're going to TWO different cake tastings!)

Time to get ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment