Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Surf City

I intended to post about the Surf City Half Marathon on Sunday, but I got sidetracked.

I finished the race in 2:10:01.  That was about 5 minutes faster than the Long Beach half!  And, I did it with my knee issue.  :-D I slowed down toward the end again, but I could tell I was doing better than Long Beach and I definitely didn't get as tired overall.

It's interesting how I can run 13 or even 14 miles on a Saturday morning at home, yet doing 13 in a race setting tires me out way more.  I don't get it.

I took yesterday off, of course, and got right back out there for a 3.5 mile run this morning.  Tomorrow I plan to do 5, just like usual on a Wednesday.  Then Saturday I would LOVE to do 14 without knee pain, but that all depends on how my knee and what it wants to do.  Thankfully, I was able to do 13 without any real pain until I was done, and then I iced it right away and it was just a tiny bit stiff yesterday but nothing major.  Fingers crossed!

After the race, Mat wasn't feeling too good.  His body hadn't been totally ready for it, and he's been having knee issues of his own (worse than mine) and yet he ran the whole thing.  I'm super proud of him, but he was NOT feeling well afterward.  The out of the ordinary heat and the physical stress on his body screwed with his system.  I drove home, and after he had a shower and laid down he was ok.  Until he had to go to work from 3-9, come home and eat, and be back at work at 5 am...

Now on to the Super Bowl.  I could care less about football (sorry!) but I enjoy good commercials and the excuse to eat a lot of junk food.  I also like to feel normal.  So, sissy came over and I made 7 layer bean dip and margaritas and we sat with the game on and chatted.  It was quite nice.  We also had some veggies and ranch and the chicken skewers and cheesecake her roomie had brought over before she left for work.

Lots of wedding planning things coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment