Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Changes To My Blog!

I decided to change the layout, background, font, etc, of my blog.  Oh yeah, and I also changed the name.  Since I'm a math teacher, and a new math teacher at that, I figured it might be appropriate to have a title that incorporates this rather large aspect of my life.  So, drumroll please..."Mel and Math."  This title allows me to write (aka rant) about things in my life whatever they may be, (the "Mel" part of it) as well as discuss my job and things that happen at work that could be relevant to other people like me (the "Math" part).  Genius?  Not really.  But I'm pretty darn proud of myself for coming up with it.

In doing some Googling, I came across a lovely blog from a math teacher in Texas.  It's called Math Teacher Mambo.  In reading just a couple of posts I found several ideas I want to try in my classroom this year.  This was part of what prompted me to alter my blog to be more career oriented while still allowing for personal touches.

I also joined Google's Adsense and the Amazon Affiliates program.  I have no idea how beneficial these will be, but we'll see what happens.  My next task is to make this whole blog more known/accessible.  Ideally, I would like to find some sort of math teacher blog community.  I suppose that's what this last day off is for!

No comments:

Post a Comment