Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Farewell Summer...See You Next Year.

  Tomorrow is my first official day at Century High School.  We have three days of staff development this week, then I have my second/last New Hire Orientation on Saturday.  The kids start next Monday.  I'm not nervous yet, but ask me on Sunday night and things will probably be different.

Things I will miss:

  • Morning walks when it's not dark outside
  • Relaxing breakfasts of coffee and cereal while checking email and browsing the web and reading blogs with the news on in the background
  • Not feeling rushed when I get home in the evening
  • Not having to make breakfast/lunch/snack to take to work
  • Sleep
However, for each thing I will miss there is another thing that is good:
  • Despite having a longer commute, I still have time to take my morning walk
  • Changing students' lives, one at a time
  • Making actual money, finally having my own benefits, and all that good grown-up stuff
  • Being a part of something great
  • Doing something that I know without a doubt is what I am meant to do
Ok, I'll admit, it was harder to come up with the second list.  No one likes getting up at 5 am or feeling rushed to get to bed or having to drive 20 miles one way.  But, it's all good.  The next couple of years are going to be pretty fantastic.  I have big plans in these next two years, and I finally get to start putting them into action.  It's pretty good stuff.

And now, some summertime memories....
4th of July

Walking with Amermey - 4th of July

4th of July

Mat's Surprise Party - He was definitely surprised!





Mat's Surprise Party - Blowing out his candles
Mat's Surprise Party - Mindy and I 
Top of the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas


San Diego trip with Steph - Dinner in Little Italy!

Beach House - He buried his feet which resulted in me appearing taller.  :)


Margaritas - 4th of July
Beach House

No comments:

Post a Comment