Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Successful First Day

Despite being long and meeting-filled, my first day of work at Century HS was pretty good.  It is not going to be an easy year, and even though it makes me tired just to think about it, I also am the kind of person who meets a challenge head-on and sets out to beat down on its head and say, "Take that!!"  So while I may be exhausted just one week from now and while I will almost certainly have several breakdowns between now and June, it's all good.  I'm a real teacher now.  :)

However it is now almost 10:30 pm and I am not yet in bed.  Why, you ask?  Rehearsal.  I must just keep telling myself it's only a few more weeks.  I know I'll get through it because I've gotten myself through far more tiring stretches of time, but the difference now is that I'm simply not as into it anymore.  This depresses me somewhat, but I know I've already ranted about this in a previous post so I'll refrain from beating the dead horse here.  Suffice it to say that I will be relieved when September 18th is behind me.  And totally refreshed to start BTSA! (Please note the sarcasm).

And it is now officially 10:30.  I must finish updating my enormously long to-do list for the next day and a half and get my butt in bed.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment