Friday, August 27, 2010

Kids on Monday!

After a rather crazy three days of staff development and working in the classroom, school is finally starting on Monday.   I'm pretty much ready - just a few more things to do on Sunday.  Fortunately though, I can do these things at home.  Several, if not many, teachers are going in this weekend, but I was on a mission to avoid that.  For one thing, the second New Hire Orientation day tomorrow kills the entire day.  For another thing, because this second New Hire Orientation kills the entire day, I only have Sunday to rest and recuperate before Monday and the onslaught of children and planning and God knows what else.

Speaking of planning, I have some serious stuff to do.  I've been so caught up in getting acclimated to the school and figuring out where things are and how things work and learning about the specific responsibilities that we have this year that I've put a lot of planning to the side.  Ok, that's not entirely true.  I have the entire year for both classes fitted to a calendar already, and I have lessons basically written out for next week, but that's about it.  I need to get on that.

I was going to take pictures of my room to post but I forgot.  I suppose that's not such a bad thing since there are a few last minute things I'm going to put on the walls on Monday morning.  Perhaps I'll actually remember to whip out my phone and capture the room before children descend.  Oh yes, that will be the first thing on my mind as I wait for my first real classroom of kids to arrive.  Please note my sarcasm.

In all honesty, I hope I remember.  I want to memorialize my hard work in my first classroom before it all begins.

In other good news, I found out that my classes are Academy classes.  This means that all (or at least the vast majority) of my students are part of either the Teach Academy or the E-Business Academy.  This is very exciting to me.  I'll have a group of students to mentor, there are field trips, a copy machine I can use, and the chance to be a part of something at the school and work collaboratively with other teachers.  My excitement to start the year multiplied by approximately 1000000 when I found out this lovely little piece of information.

I am now saying a prayer that the weekend does not fly by too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment