Monday, August 16, 2010

What happened to my motivation?

Once again, here I am days later finally writing an update to my blog.  Clearly my motivation died along with any semblance of a habit I attempted to develop.  Now school is going to start soon and any sort of habit will be much harder to create.  I suppose such is life, but it makes me rather sad.

School news: I have my own classroom!  (Did I already say that last time...I don't remember).  Tomorrow I'm going down there to actually go in my room, move some stuff inside, etc etc.  And get some files from the department chair as well as my second textbook.  Fortunately I don't seem to have to write a ton of lesson plans from scratch because they already exist.  We can take them and adjust them accordingly.  THANK GOODNESS for that.  I was afraid for a while, especially yesterday, that we were going to have to write them from scratch on the template they have, which is super involved like the ones we used in the credential program.

I also get to go to two all day trainings this Saturday and next Saturday.  Lois was clearly annoyed when I told her this, but too bad.  It's for my job.  There's nothing I can do about it.  This is yet another reason Nutcracker is on the fence. Besides just not knowing if I really want to do it, I don't think I'll be able to fully commit anyway.  And that, obviously, is not fair to everyone else involved.  I think I've had to miss more rehearsals for this show than I've missed in the last many many years.

On the bright side, no rehearsal tomorrow or Wednesday like usual.  Granted, now I have it on Thursday, my usual night off, but oh well.  5 weeks til the show.  It will go fast, especially with school starting.

AHH I can't believe school is starting!  I'm a REAL teacher now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment