Saturday, September 24, 2011

9 miles

Today I ran 9 miles.  It didn't really feel any different from the 8.25 miles I ran the past 2 Saturdays.  I was a little tired, but that could be from a variety of things.  I definitely ate last night, so it's possible that I was a little sluggish because of that.  Either way though, I didn't stop unless I paused at a light, and I always jog a bit in place when that happens.

Speaking of food, here's what we had last night:
Whole wheat penne pasta with a homemade pumpkin sauce and hot Italian sausage.  Spinach salad with apple and red onion and a homemade dressing on the side.

Wine.  Part of it went into the sauce.
We also had chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream.  I wonder if that's what made me a bit sluggish... :)

I'm currently still working on my post run food:
PB & J, banana, strawberries.

Iced mocha.
In other news, discovered this morning that when my doctor wrote out my prescription for my birth control, he didn't put a 3 month supply on it and I'm now paying $80 for the one month's worth that is coming in the mail.  If I get a 3 month supply, it will cost $120.  I think I may switch to generic because that only costs $20 for a 2 month supply.  I can't do anything about the $80 cost so I'll try not to think about it right now, but on Monday I definitely need to have a little chat with my doctor about if generic is ok, and if so, have him phone in the new prescription and make sure it's a 3 month supply.  *sigh*  I'm already seeing dollar signs so this does NOT make me happy.

Tonight Mat and I are going to Kelly and Keith's engagement party.  I'm sooooo excited to celebrate with them and to see the Kappas I haven't seen in a long time.  And, I haven't been to a party like this (for someone else - we had our own party back in April but that's different) in forever, so I'm super super excited.  I'm so happy for them and can't wait for their wedding next October.  :)

Maybe I'll get some Save the Dates addressed today.  Or something.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment