Friday, September 16, 2011

Emotion

I've learned lately that human emotions are tricky, tricky things.  I guess it isn't new news, but when you really stop and think about it, the way that you perceive something and the way that someone else perceives something is often very different.  You mean one thing, wholeheartedly, but people take things differently than you mean.  Someone says something to you about *fill in the blank* and for whatever reason you yourself perceive it differently.  When you add various emotions to the mix, it's especially hard.

I guess the biggest lesson is to always be conscious of what you say and to constantly think of how it will be perceived.  I know this from experience, on both ends.  All too often I take something too seriously or not as it was intended.  And I think because of that, I'm often extra cautious of how I say things.  I know sometimes I don't succeed at that, but I do really try.

I also get myself overly paranoid about basically everything.  It's tiring.

My goal for myself from now on is to not dwell on things so much and to just let it go.  Whatever it is, let it go.  I'm allowed to be emotional, everyone is allowed to be emotional, but after a day of that, just let it go.

Besides, it's all in God's plan, right?  So why in the world do I worry so much about silly little things and let myself get all worked up?  I'm not supposed to take control - I'm supposed to let God do that.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment